LabTurbo DNA/RNA Extraction Kits
LabTurbo kits can effectively purify cellular, viral, bacterial, fungal, tissue, plant, and circulation DNA/RNA from a broad range of samples such as blood, blood cells, buffy coat, cultured cells, plasma, serum, culture medium, urine, sputum, stool, bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), synovial fluids, buccal swab, pharyngeal swab, vaginal swab, forensic samples (cigarette butts; blood stain; straw; tape; chewing gum), fixed tissue (FFPE), plant (rice; wheat; leave; seed), fish, and food products.
All LabTurbo Kits use silica membrane-chaotropic technology for purifications of high-quality DNA/RNA from a wide range of samples. The kits are designed for automated processing on LabTurbo 24, 45 and 48 Compact System.
Purified nucleic acids are free of proteins, nucleases, and other impurities. The purified DNA/RNA are ready to use for highly sensitive detection in downstream assays, such as PCR, real-time PCR, NGS, SNP, or other enzymatic reactions.
LabTurbo Kits are developed by Taigen Bioscience Corporation. The performance of LabTurbo Kits is inspected and tested routinely on a lot-to-lot basis in our QC laboratory. All components and plastic consumables of LabTurbo Kits are validated by visual, physical, DNase free, RNase free, human genomic DNA free, purity, yield and sensitivity tests, etc. with appropriate sample types, reagents, physical, and biochemical methods prior to the shipments.
LabTurbo kits are intended for research purposes. Clinical usages should be validated by the users and comply with the regulations and laws of local governments. All the kit components should be handled with care and attention described in this handbook. Waste should be disposed properly in accordance with all local and regional regulations.
When working with chemicals and potentially infective pathogens, always wear a suitable lab coat, disposable gloves, and protective goggles. Material Safety Data Sheets for all components of LabTurbo Kits can be requested by emailing Taigen Bioscience Corporation.
During the extraction procedures, the waste may contain guanidine salts from Buffers DLL, VLL, VXL, and LW1. Avoid mixing bleach with the waste. If any liquids from the aforementioned buffer spill out, clean with suitable detergent and water. If the spill contains potentially infectious agents, clean the affected areas with 5% bleach.
Buffer DLL, VLL, VXL, and LW1
Contain guanidine hydrochloride: harmful if swallowed. Irritating to eyes and skin.
Sensitizer, irritant. Please wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
Buffer LW1: Add ethanol (96 – 100%) to a concentrated Buffer LW1, by following the instruction on the bottle, and mark it properly. Between runs, store the reconstituted Buffer LW1 at room temperature (15 – 25°C). Always mix Buffer LW1 by gentle shakes before use.
Buffer VLL/VXL: Add the instructed amount of BE solution to Buffer VLL / VXL to form the 1% BE solution (v/v) in Buffer VLL / VXL before use. The reconstituted Buffer VLL / VXL can be stored at room temperature (15 – 25°C) for up to two months.
- Proteinase K, DLL buffer and CCEB are all ready to use.
- If any precipitate forms in Buffer DLL/VLL/VXL, dissolve it by incubating at 70°C.
- Both fresh and frozen tissues can be used for RNA extraction. Tissues can be stored at –70°C for several months. Flash-freeze tissues in liquid nitrogen, and immediately transfer to –70°C environments. Do not allow tissues to thaw during weighing or handling prior to disruption in Buffer RLL.
- Ensure that 96-100% ethanol is added to Buffer LW1 concentrate according to the instruction on the LW1 bottle.
- Ensure that the instructed amount of BE solution is added to Buffer VLL / VXL before use.
- To guarantee that all the automation processes are accurately executed, please use the sample tube and elution tube supplied in the kit; It is not allowed to use other tubes.
- All centrifugation steps are carried out at room temperature, if necessary.
- Read the user manual carefully before using LabTurbo workstation.
- The plastic consumables and reagents are not intended to be reused.
- LabTurbo automated nucleic acid purification system
- LabTurbo robotic filtered tips (1100 µl) cat. No. S0550/S0650
- 96-100% Ethanol
- LTL (offered separately; for tissue DNA lysis)
- β-mercaptoethanol (for RNA extraction)
- DNase I (for RNA extraction)
- Homogenizer (for tissue/plant samples)
If you intend to process the following sample type(s), please contact us or your local distributor for sample preparation procedures.
- Human/animal tissues
- Human serum/plasma
- Frozen human whole blood
- Human buffy coat
- Cultured cell
- Oral swab/Genital swab
- Forensic samples (Cigarette butt, swab, straw, glove, etc)
- Gram-positive bacteria in urine
- Bronchoaveolar lavage (BAL) fluid
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded tissue (FFPE)
|Name||DNA Mini Kit||Virus Combo Kit||RNA Mini kit||Circulating DNA||Forensic DNA||LabTurbo Stool mini kit|
|Target||Genomic DNA||Viral DNA+RNA||Total RNA||Circulating DNA||Genomic DNA||Genomic and viral DNA + RNA|
|Sample Types|| Blood Buffy coat |
Saliva Biological fluids Cells
| Stool Urine soil |
Animal Tissues plant tissues
| Orgam Tissues |
Blood cells Cell-free fluid
|Plasma Serum|| Buccal Swabs |
Gum Tape tissue
paper DBS cards
|stool, urine, waste water, soil,|
|Input Volume||220-3000 µl||300-3000 µl||500, 1000 µl||1,2,3 ml||Custom Size|| stool /soil: 200 mg |
urine/ waste water:220- 1000 ul
|Application||Pathogen/Bacteria Detection, Bacteremia screening, HLA-typing, NGS, Molecular diagnostics, Phylogenomics, Aquatic Animal Screening||Virus/Bacteria Detection from stoolor urine, Norovirus/Rotavirus screening, Soil DNA/RNA extraction, simultanneous DNA+RNA extraction||Pathogen detection, Molecular mechanism identification, Cell expression||Non-invasive prenatal diagnosis, Circulating DNA extraction, Cancer detection, Organ transplant monitoring||Forensic Identification, Paternity identification, Precision Medicine (Fully Automated procedure from sample to DNA. No pretreatment or manual steps needed)||GI testing, UTI testing, STI Testing. waste water/ soil: environmental testing, public health (covid)|